Step-by-Step Research Paper Writing Tips for Students
A research paper is an obligatory assignment which waits for every student at university, because with the help of this paper professor evaluates student’s intelligence and ability to solve complicated problems applying numerous methods and theoretical basis on practice. Of course, one requires a hint for the quality writing and the tips below will be helpful for every inexperienced young student.
Step One: Select the Best Topic
An interesting and thought-provoking topic is the half of the student’s success, because if the professor reads the paper with fascination, there is a chance for the positive mark for the research. The student should brainstorm a narrow problem for the research which is quite relevant in the society or science or requires rapid answers. On the other hand such an interesting topic requires top-quality research, because the reader expects magnificent results of the investigation and the responsibility for such a paper increases.
- Confirm your topic before you start drafting a plan. Your supervisor/professor should confirm your topic if you don’t want to make endless rewrites. Normally, professors are very busy, and you have to spend some time making sure you get his or her attention, but it is worth it.
- Think of several similar topics. Every topic can be approached differently. Think about the variety of possible approaches and use them to come up with different topics and creative titles. When you address your professor, it is better to have a choice of topics for him or her to confirm.
Step Two: Compose the Outline
Every research is a logical and systematic work which must not be conducted chaotically, so the student is expected to prepare a good outline and mark all the essential issues for the research. This outline has to be approved by the professor; otherwise the student can do much unnecessary work analyzing the points which can be omitted. The outline is a bright possibility to manage the student’s time and the schedule of work.
- Approve your outline part by part when possible. Some professors agree to approve your outline in general and later confirm each piece you add. Of course, you should do it quickly. However, it is very beneficial to follow this way, because you won’t waste time, writing a colossal outline and later writing it again. Draft several points and go into detail only after they are confirmed.
- Don’t use online samples. It is better to use your textbook and follow the offered outline structure to the dot. There are lots of outline examples online, but they might not be relevant to your professor’s demands.
Step Three: Collect Information
The value of the research depends on the quality of the sources used for the accumulation of information, so the student is supposed to dwell on the choice of the reliable books, articles and encyclopaedias which can provide him with the up-to-date objective facts for the well-analyzed research paper. The student’s duty is to analyze the issue from all sides and draw the objective conclusion in the end, so the literature used for this occasion is very important.
- Note down used sources immediately after you find them. Students often think that they can find any information at any time, and later waste time looking for sources. Once you have used some book or online article, note it down and create an in-text citation and bibliography entry for it according to the required citation style. Use online citation generators supporting the latest MLA and APA updates. Even if you don’t use all the sources you now down, you will still save lots of time.
- Keep your sources balanced. Don’t make your bibliography too dry — make sure you use the variety of sources. They should be up-to-date and relevant, and they should unveil different approaches and points of view.
Step Four: Organize the Methodology Section
Without the well-designed methodology part the research paper will not possess any value, because it is methods which measure the student’s creativity, ability to observe the topic form the alternative sides and find the effective solutions in complicated circumstances. The student should be aware about the importance of the methods and his duty is to choose the best ones which would make the research different and more interesting. Unique approach is often the most precious thing in such papers.
Step Five: Design the Main Body of the Paper
Having chosen the methods one has to start researching the problem of the paper in detail, providing the reader with the trustworthy arguments, smart ideas, controversial solutions to the problem, etc. The more ideas the student brainstorms, the better chances he has to succeed and impress the professor. The paper consists of many parts, such as introduction, discussion, methodology, bibliography, etc. The young person is supposed to organize the bibliography part correctly organizing the sources according to the standards suggested by the professor: in alphabetic order starting with surnames or the titles of the sources.
Step Six: Summarize and Proofread the Paper
The academic research paper is supposed to be concluded in the profound and professional way. The student is expected to evaluate the relevance of the problem, its importance and influence on the society appropriately to prove to the reader that the work has sense. Finally one has to revise the research scrupulously to make it look perfectly well.
Remember, that you can always hire professional editor online to proofread your research paper. It is completely legal and very convenient. Doing so, you make sure that your final draft will be formatted according to the most strict demands. You can address our writing service for help with editing your paper.
Got stuck writing a research project or one of its chapters? Order it with our professional research paper writing service and rest assured to receive an excellent academic paper before the deadline.
Calculate a fair price for your paper
Such a cheap price for your free time and healthy sleep
- High-quality content
- Proper formatting
- Editing and proofreading of your paper
- Title page and bibliography
- 24/7 support
- Check for plagiarism