Bulletproof Tips on Top-Notch Case Study Writing
Every student has to go through at least several case studies at high school, then college and university. The assignment is quite a specific one and always has a narrow scope of research. The young person is asked to analyze the definite topic in detail and solve the suggested problem in the effective way. In order to catch the appropriate manner of writing one is able to follow the advice below.
Step One: Choose a Proper Topic
The student should pay maximum attention to the choice of the appropriate topic which would be close to his field of interests, because if the young person is interested in the problem under research, she will manage to reveal the hidden issues from the context and generates the professional solution to the problem. Of course, the topic is supposed to be narrow in order to enable the student to collect enough information about the matter.
- Read more sources similar to Medium. It will help you keep abreast the latest topics, case studies, viral stories, etc. Of course, it takes time, but when you spend at least an hour per week paying attention to those sources, you will spend minutes choosing a great topic for your case study.
- Offer several topics. If you need to confirm the topic of your case study with your professor, it is a good idea to provide him or her with several options. This way you will show that you’ve paid attention to the assignment and can approach it from different angles.
Step Two: Draw an Outline
It is of vital importance to organize the process of writing in the logical way planning every following step of the research. The young person is expected to divide the paper into several parts which would contain the definite sort of information. One can share the whole assignment into several chapters noting essential points which would make the research quality. The more points are written in the outline, the less chances the student has to miss something important.
- Write two outlines. One for your professor one for yourself. The latter should be brief and expressed in simple words, you can add emotions as well. This way you will humanize your assignment for yourself, and it will be much easier for you to follow your writing plan.
- Note down citations in your personal outline. If you already know some of the sources you would like to use, note them down in your outline. Don’t put them in a separate file — relate each reference to the part of the outline. Of course, you can use one source several times.
Step Three: Prepare an Introduction
The student is able to attract the reader's attention at once proving him with the information about the problem, the relevance of the issue and the importance of the solution of the trouble. One can write a few basic facts and points briefly illustrating the further text of the paper.
- Don’t make it too theoretical. It is not a research paper, it is a case study and you can minimize your introduction, at least its theoretical part. Give vivid examples, impress your readers! You can relate it to other case studies with different or similar outcomes.
- Make sure your introduction and conclusion parts fit. These parts should be logically connected. You state a problem in the introduction, and in conclusion, you should emphasize how it was solved.
Step Four: Write the Main body
The main part of the case study touches upon the selected issue on the definite problem which has occurred in the certain place. The young professional is asked to collect information about the case site, the cause of the problem and its effect.
- Do prompt research. It is quite difficult to find out about these points everything, so one should be ready to devote much time to the accumulation of the trustworthy information which reveals the background of the matter and analyzes all the factors which can be treated like the reason or the root of the problem. After that, one is able to evaluate the consequences of the problem on the event, personality, phenomenon, object, etc under research.
- Use only up-to-date sources. Don’t pay attention to case studies and other references older than five years, unless they are famous or directly required by the instructions to your case study. Use vivid examples your readers can easily relate to.
Step Five: Brainstorm the Solution
It is obvious that the student is supposed not just to observe the issue, but to provide the reader with the adequate and professional solution to the problem under analysis. It is wise to compare the real solution of the matter with the student's one and decide what solution is more efficient and constructive. In the end one should evaluate the importance of the case study, the relevance of the issue and the field of the human activity where the results of the research can be applied on practice. Beware! Every case study can have several solutions. You are not supposed to choose the best one, you have to make a decision and prove it to be the most suitable one.
Perhaps you need a high-quality case study writing service with a strong team of professional academic writers. Contact us and we will write a non-plagiarized case study for you!
Calculate a fair price for your paper
- High-quality content
- Proper formatting
- Editing and proofreading of your paper
- Title page and bibliography
- 24/7 support
- Check for plagiarism